Victory again for Bulldogs

16/04/2019 // by admin

Following a torrid start to the season, winning just one game from their first 11 matches, the Bulldogs followed up last round’s win over West with a seven-point victory at Memorial Oval on Saturday.

The loss by Central now makes it hard for the Bloods to make the finals.

The green-and-whites started the game well with a nice goal by young Tyler Athanasos, who is adapting well to the pressure of senior football, but soon after Matt Turner replied with a goal to the bloods.

Port, who have struggled to find a key forward, were able to play gun recruit Brad Inglis who was retuning from injury playing in the full forward position and he goaled for the Green and Whites.

At the fifteen minute mark of the term Luke Button, who was high in Centrals best players, kicked two successive goals as to give his team a six point lead.

Shannon Snook, who was again the Green and Whites best player, levelled the scores just before the quarter time siren.

Central had plenty of the football in their forward area for the first ten minutes of the second term but could only manage two minor scores, while the Green and Whites went forward and Inglis kicked his second goal.

Taylor Bradley, who played very well all day was giving the Bloods plenty of drive from the wing, delivered the ball to Ryan Morris who kicked truly, then Turner followed with a soccer goal and Central now held a six point lead.

Greg Phillips, playing at half back for the Green and Whites, snuck forward and levelled the score, but the latter part of that term Centrals Daniel Baker’, who played well around the ground, delivered the ball to Morris who was able to kick another two goals giving him three goals in the second term.

At the long break the Bloods held a thirteen point lead which was to be the biggest margin between the two teams on the day.

The third term started with a goal from tough Bulldog Terry Hall who burst through a pack with a goal, but then with a good tap from Mark Fuller young Sean Kuerschner kicked the replying goal for Central.

Port, with Mitchell Collins who played well all day giving the Green and Whites good running drive from a wing, was able to deliver the ball to Inglis to kick his third goal.

At the twenty minute mark Ethan Conner who played well in and under, goaled for Port and they were now were within one point.

The Bloods had opportunities late in the term but were put under pressure by Tim Byerlee, was playing well in defence, and assisted by Sam Clarke, who put in a useful performance for Port.

Turner, giving the Bloods a forward option, kicked his third goal right on the three quarter time siren, the Bloods hanging on to a seven point lead at the final change.

The match was theirs for the taking and the Green and Whites got off to the start that they wanted with a quick centre clearance and Terry Hall kicked his second goal of the match and the Bulldogs were again within one point.

Central went forward and Aaron Parsons, who played a useful game for the Bloods, kicked truly but Inglis quickly replied for the Green and Whites with his fourth goal.

Central not giving in without a fight and Morris kicked his fourth goal of the game, but the Bulldogs kept battling away in the clinches and managed to get the ball forward where Inglis again kicked truly and his team were now within one point.

The Bulldogs hunger remained and they forced the ball forward and following two minor scores, which gave the Green and Whites a one point lead, the ball was again in the hands of Inglis who kicked his sixth goal for the game giving his team a seven-point victory.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments are closed.